Wednesday 20 February 2008

My favourite comfort food: Tagliatelle with bacon and mushroom carbonara

Smokes streaky bacon
Mushrooms
Tagliatelle
Single cream
One egg, beaten
Black pepper

1. Boil water in a pan and cook the pasta
2. Meanwhile heat a large frying pan and cut the bacon into small bits
3. Fry the bacon on a lowish heat and slice the mushrooms
4. When the mushrooms are browning add the cream and stir
5. Add the beaten egg and continue to stir until the sauce thickens. Add the black pepper and keep stirring over a low heat or the egg will scramble and you’ll be forced to eat scrambled eggs and bacon for tea
6. Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce. Dish it up or eat it straight from the pan to reduce washing up (I’m only partially kidding)

Cook time: 30 mins

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to make this tonight!v

Anonymous said...

It was delish and we ate it all up.

I used big field mushrooms which I think are tastier than the button ones and grated some tasty parmesan on top.

Anonymous said...

I know it's not standard but one clove of garlic and a splash of dry table whie added to your recipe also make it delish.