Thursday 28 February 2008

Breakfast: French Toast

As the weekend approaches and I inevitably spend Sunday morning in bed while my boyfriend lovingly prepares me breakfast. For the past three weeks I have asked for French toast and he has given me fried bread, with a circle cut of the middle where in its place lies a soft fried egg. It's nice, but it's not French toast.

Here are my two favourite French toast recipes:

The basics:

1 egg, beaten
Milk
Two slices of white bread, halved, with the crust cut off

1. Mix the milk and beaten egg together and dip the bread in it. Leave to soak for a minute.
2. Heat some oil in a frying pan and fry the egg-soaked bread, turning once.
3. For a sweet version coat it with sugar - it'll make it taste like doughnuts.
4. For a savoury version, add some cheese and ham when you're frying the second side, so the cheese melts and the ham warms.

Cook time: 10 mins

No comments: